Register the company in the Mercantile Registry, obtain the certificate of existence and legal representation, register the company’s books and register with the National Tax Authority (DIAN) at the Business Services Center (CAE) of the Chamber of Commerce
The CAE located at the Chamber of Commerce of Medellín makes it possible to complete the following procedures simultaneously at a single location:
1. Register the company and the commercial establishment (if applicable) at the Mercantile Registry
2. Obtain a copy of the certificate of existence and legal representation
3. Register the company’s books
4. Register the company in the Unified Tax Registry (RUT) of the DIAN and obtain the Tax Identification Number (NIT)
5. Registration of Industry and Commerce
6. Notification of the opening of a business to the correspondent office at the Department of Municipal Planning
7. Payment of departmental income of Antioquia
The company’s books are submitted to the Chamber of Commerce for the pages to be subscribed and numbered. A form requesting the books is filled out and the amount is paid directly at the cashier booth. If the company completes the company establishment procedure using the website www.crearempresa.com.co, it may at the same time request registration of the books, without having to wait for the company to be registered first. The registration for the payment of industry and commerce tax is also done immediately at the CAE.
When the company is incorporated by means of a private document, the Chamber of Commerce verifies the signatures contained in the document to prevent potential frauds.
The rates to register a company and commercial establishment, certificates, and application forms are national (Decree 393 of 2002) and correspond to 2009.
The duration of this procedure was reduced because there is more efficiency on the part of the CAE’s personnel.
COP 1,657,963 [COP 718,010: departmental registration tax (0.7% of the company’s initial capital); COP 51,286: departmental pro-development stamp duty (0.05% of initial capital); COP 66,267: departmental tax for appointment of legal representative; COP 665,000: commercial license (133.92% of the legal minimum monthly wage); COP 83,000: commercial establishment fee; COP 3,500: registration form; COP 26,000: registration at the Chamber of Commerce and registration of the document of incorporation; COP 3,500: certificate of existence and legal representation; COP 7,000: assigned company’s registry number; COP 34,400: cost of registering the company’s books (COP 8,600 each book)]