- Company registries empower businesses to operate in the formal economy—and to reap the benefits that come with formalization.
- Online platforms for company incorporation make the process faster and cheaper.
- Electronic registration and online services substantially reduce the opportunities for bribery and other forms of corruption.
- Rwanda has made promoting private sector development a top priority on its reform agenda—and making it easier to register a business is part of that.
- Chile’s new online business registry experienced rapid take-up, accounting for nearly half of new registrations of limited liability companies in just 7 weeks.
- The United Kingdom’s corporate registry actively promotes the use of electronic services and data transparency.